Dublin, April 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Global Smart Shopping Carts Market (2020-2025) by Type, Technology, Application, Sales, Geography, Competitive Analysis and Impact of Covid-19 with Ansoff Analysis” the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global smart shopping carts market is estimated to be worth USD 931.22 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 2,913 million by 2025, with a CAGR of 25.62%.
Key factors, such as the growing preference for express retail checkouts as well as the growth of IoT and connected devices have led to advancements in automated billing procedures in various supermarkets.
These factors have contributed to the growth of the global smart shopping carts market. Additionally, the need to constantly innovate and develop a better way to ensure customer engagement throughout the customer buying journey has further facilitated the growth of this market.
However, the high cost of the smart cart, malfunction due to sensor issues in the trucks, and limited capacities in major deployments are holding back the growth of the market.
- The global smart shopping carts market is further segmented on the basis of type, technology, application, sales, and geography.
- By type, the marketplace is categorized as open source shopping cart, hosted shopping cart, and CMS + e-commerce plugin. Among all of them, the hosted shopping carts segment is estimated to have the highest market share.
- By technology, the market is categorized as Zigbee, RFID, and Barcodes. Among all of them, the RFID segment is estimated to have the highest market share.
- By application, the market is categorized into supermarkets, shopping malls, and others. Among the two, the mall is estimated to have the highest market share during the forecast period.
- By Sales, the market is classified as direct and distributed. Of the two, the direct sales segment is estimated to have the highest market share.
- By geography, North America is expected to dominate the market.
- One of the world’s largest retailers, Kroger has partnered with artificial intelligence (AI) company Caper to deploy a computer vision-enabled commercial car in Cincinnati, US – January 29, 2021
- Amazon is launching a smart grocery cart known as the “dashboard cart” that uses cameras, sensors to detect and register items, further reducing the process involved in the traditional logout process. – July 14, 2020
Some of the companies covered in this report are Oracle, Engage In-Store, SK Telecom, Shanghai Qixin Automation Systems Co. Ltd, Microsoft Corp, V-Mark, Toshiba, Compaq Computer Corp, Media Cart Holdings, Inc., IBM Corp, and Fujitsu Limited, etc.
Highlights of the report:
- A comprehensive market analysis including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of the main players
- Recommendations for companies to strengthen their presence in the market
Main topics covered:
1 Description of the report
2 Research methodology
3 Executive summary
4 Market overview
4.2 Market dynamics
184.108.40.206 Growth of IoT and automated billing processes
220.127.116.11 Growing Preference for Express Self-Service Checkouts
18.104.22.168 Growing need to improve the customer buying journey
22.214.171.124 Growing Demand For In-Store Advertising And Communication System In Shopping Cart Displays
126.96.36.199 Limited adoption among retailers due to high cost and malfunctions
188.8.131.52 Limited capacities in the majority of deployments
184.108.40.206 Emergence of Autonomous Retail Technology
220.127.116.11 Growing availability of several payment options
18.104.22.168 Integration of AI in the smart cart
22.214.171.124 Growing participation of start-ups in the development of smart carts
126.96.36.199 Data confidentiality issues
188.8.131.52 Limited profitability
5 Market analysis
5.1 Porter’s five forces analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff matrix analysis
6 Global Smart Shopping Carts Market, By Type
6.2 Open source shopping cart
6.3 Hosted shopping cart
6.4 CMS + Ecommerce plugin
7 Global Smart Shopping Carts Market, By Technology
7.4 Bar codes
8 Global Smart Shopping Carts Market, By Application
8.3 Shopping centers
9 Global Smart Shopping Carts Market, By Sales
10 Global Smart Shopping Carts Market, By Geography
11 Competitive landscape
11.1 Competitive quadrant
11.2 Market share analysis
11.3 Competitive scenario
11.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.3.2 Agreement, collaborations and partnerships
11.3.3 New product launches and improvements
11.3.4 Investments and financing
12 company profiles
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Toshiba Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- V-Mark Company Limited
- SK Telecom Co. Ltd.
- Oracle Corp.
- Compaq Computer Corp.
- Media Cart Holdings Inc.
- The Japan Research Institute Ltd.
- Engage in store
- Shanghai Qixin Automation Systems Co, Ltd
- IBM Corp
- Caper Inc
- Veeve Inc.
- Tracxpoint, Inc
- Retail AI, inc
- Focal Systems Inc
- Klever Kart Inc
- Smart Cart SA
- Mitsui and Cie Ltd
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2s7mv5